Covenant House Florida serves runaway, homeless, and at-risk youth under 21 including teen parents and their babies. Each year, we reach hundreds of kids in Fort Lauderdale and Orlando via street outreach, crisis shelters, transitional housing projects, and aftercare, making Covenant House Florida one of the largest private agencies serving runaway and homeless youth in the state of Florida. Since 1985, Covenant House Florida has served over 37,000 youth in the state of Florida.
We are honored to have the Young Professionals for Covenant House host the 5K on A1A for the past nine years. Young Professionals for Covenant House is a group of young business professionals between the ages of 25 and 40 who strongly believe in our mission, raising funds and awareness for Covenant House Florida. Since 1992, the Young Professionals for Covenant House have raised over $1.8 million to help the homeless youth who find refuge at Covenant House Florida.
Visit Covenant House Florida for more information and how you can get involved in helping homeless youth.
- 79,188 – Hot meals served
- 26,974 – Counseling and case management sessions
- 1,576 – Health service visits at on-site clinic
- 757 – Number of unique young adults served
- 837 – Pregnancy prevention/teen parent education sessions
- 545 – Youths enrolled in on-site GED classes
- 117 – Babies and infants under 5 served
- 56 – Pregnant girls served
- 9,510 – Bus passes provided